Thursday, June 10, 2010

5: The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠Part 1: The Agenda
So today, I had a mission from mom to finally unpack the things that have been in boxes since the divorce, almost a year ago. I started out with promisingly heavy boxes, and it turns out they were FILLED with my books. I had literally hundreds already in my room, and then I find the ones that I love but thought I'd never see again. Two one foot deep, four feet long, two feet wide boxes FILLED with books. Now i can not navigate through my bedroom for the stacks all over the floor, and I couldn't be happier with that. I love this. I'm looking at the things that make my place...well, mine. They'd been at first shoved into a mini trailer uHaul, which was sad. It's sad to shove all of your things into boxes, and think it's a lot, then watch as its shoved into a bathroom sized trailer with the things that belong to the rest of the family.
That was what we started with.
We didn't even have furniture. Now look at us. Look at where we are. We don't have a couch yet, but we have a weird piece, the title of which i'm not so sure of, that acts as a couch. We have our beds. We lack dining room chairs, but we have a nice table. We have three desks. One for each of us. We have three dressers, and one bar stool.
This is home.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠Part 2:Photobooth♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠
I was going through another box. I lift up a framed drawing I made with finder paints in kindergarten to find a bunch of photos from the time that you actually had to take the film to Wal-Mart to get them processed. I found some Polaroids, too. I saw a picture from when nate was in...1st grade and i was in kindergarten and he was running towards the house from the bus. The colors were so vivid. the bus was still parked, and nate's just running. It was amazing. I find one that was taken on the bench in front of our house, of mom and nate. Mom's hair is up in a clip like she does, and shes wearing a red tshirt and overalls, and nate's sitting to her right, which was the side the camera was on. She looked so happy, and she looked pretty. Nate was making one of those faces of his.
I found one of mom, just my mom. It was at an angle, a close up on her face. It was pretty. She couldn't have been but 20 years old.
There's another one of her being herself making a funny face.
There's one from when me and nate were little, and she had hair down to her lower back, and she's totally in her element. in the background you can see the wrought iron roosters above the curtain rod with pretty soft gold curtains.
There's a pretty one thats a close up on me and mom. We're outside rubbing noses like eskimoses...(that was our little jingle...)
Theres another of me and mom walking across the old bridge, the copper turning green. It's black and white.
There was a pretty one of me when I was little playing with my wonderful dog.

And, of course, one of Nate surfing on a kitchen chair making the most exuberant screaming face I've ever seen.




♠♠♠♠♠♠♠Songs:
The quiet things that no one ever knows by Brand New
Photobooth by Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment