Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1: Looking up

Part One: Somewhat of an introduction

This is me. I wear pretty blue dresses with ratty old converse. I play guitar, trumpet, and piano. I sometimes bite leaves when I walk by a tree, but usually only if I'm with Kaelyn. I like coffee, but I guess it doesn't like me because I have a case of the shakes at the moment. I love my friends, family, and my dog.
As you see, I have called this entry Getting Started. The reason being that not only will this serve as my initial entry, but I am getting started in more ways than one.
Just a week ago, I moved from my cushy little life in Florence, Alabama, that was filled with friends and people to talk to, places to see, to a new one in Greenwood, Indiana. I am starting over, in a sense. I am still in touch with my friends, as a matter of fact I'm talking to them now. But they're a few hours away. Up here, I have my family, which is always important. I am working on getting settled and making friends of the people that live in the condos. I am hoping that they'll be cool. If they are one-sixteenth as amazing as my Florence friends, they're people I'm willing to stick with, and they're pretty hard to come by.

• • • • • • •Part Two: Settling In
I walked into the condo last Saturday night to be greeted by a feeling. This place felt like home. I walk up the stairs to my room and I see a bud. It wasn't quiet my place yet. Yesterday I take a look in my closet to see all of my clothes folded on the shelves. I started rearranging it. At 7 at night, I step back from it and take it in from maybe five feet back with my hair in a thousand clippies in my comfy sweats and kermit the frog t-shirt, and it hits me that this is home. The only thing missing is the things on my walls, and Kaelyn sitting on my bed eating an apple from yesterdays lunch.
It seems that besides the walls, it's as close as it's going to get.
I'll make friends here. I really miss kaelyn and everyone, but I will make friends here. They won't be the same, and I will NEVER forget my Florence friends. I refuse to. But some other friend will come along and brighten my day as much as notes from kaelyn or her sudden appearances did. I will find a place.

Part Three: A Song or Two• • • • • • • • • • •

Looking up by Paramore

It is with this that I bid you Adeau.
Keep it simple.
-THE MUSICIAN

No comments:

Post a Comment